SPECIAL ADVERTISING SECTION PROFILES Financial Professionals
What type of client do you specialize in?
We offer complete business and personal banking services. Clients include businesses,
associations and non-profits, professionals, medical services providers and government
contractors. We also serve builders and real estate developers, as well as homebuyers and
other individuals seeking relationships with a local community bank.
What makes your client experience unique?
We were founded 20 years ago by local business owners and experienced bankers who intuitively
recognized the need for a bank that focused on local businesses seeking a bank that provides:
• Local, quick response on loan requests; flexible financial solutions designed for business
needs; and no waiting for answers from an out-of-area, out-of-state headquarters.
• Immediate access to CEO and senior management with local connections and a solid stake
in the community.
• Lasting relationships with our clients vs. just opening accounts.
• A strong, local bank poised to keep up with its clients’ expansion and success, and able to
increase lending capabilities for funding larger loans.
• A bank that listens to and learns about a client’s business before recommending solutions
that may not be on a current product/service list.
• Flexibility that comes from knowledge of local market conditions.
• Familiarity with the business community and a strong desire to provide products and
services that match specific, and sometimes, custom needs.
What do you find most satisfying about your job?
What’s best about serving as a local community bank is the community itself—the people
we work with, the loyal relationships that mutually enhance the business, the bank and our
people. As a community bank, volunteering and serving together to improve our community
is heartfelt and a core component of our bank culture.
AWARDS AND HONORS
“Corporate Philanthropy Award,” Washington
Business Journal, 2018; “Best Community Bank,”
Bethesda Magazine’s Best of Bethesda Readers Poll,
2015, 2017, 2019; “Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the
Year,” Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce, 2018
7830 Old Georgetown Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
EXECUTIVE VP, CHIEF COMMERCIAL & INDUSTRIAL LENDING, EAGLEBANK
“What’s best about serving
as a local community bank
is the community itself—
the people we work with,
the loyal relationships
that mutually enhance the
business, the bank and our
(L to R): John Bettini, Lindsey Rheaume,
Ken Van Valkenburgh, Linda Dawkins,
John Richardson, Ken Scales