78 JULY/AUGUST2015 | BETHESDAMAGAZINE.COM
WOMEN IN BUSINESS | Profiles SPECIAL ADVERTISING SECTION
10 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT YASMIN ABADIAN
1. I grew up in Bethesda and was in the
very first class at Carderock Springs
Elementary. I went to Cabin John Jr. High
and Churchill High School.
2. Pre-med at UCLA, I graduated with a
BSc in Kinesiology with an emphasis in
Exercise Physiology. I worked in cardiac
rehab after graduation.
3. I have identical twin daughters. One
graduated from Winston Churchill and the
other from Walt Whitman. Both competed
on their tennis teams but never played
against each other.
4. An exercise enthusiast, I go from Yoga to
Tabata classes to Zumba.
5. I meditate and journal every day.
6. I’ve been to 19 other countries. I’d like to
add a few more!
7. I believe in investing in people and
local businesses. With my husband, Jim
Mc Whorter, I’ve invested in DC Brau
Brewery, Brookland Pint, Fruitive and
&Pizza. Recently, we took over River Falls
Market in Potomac.
8. Jimmy and I give back. Involved in
numerous causes, we volunteer at Miriam’s
Kitchen where we prepare and serve
breakfast to the homeless.
9. I’m certified as an Integrative Coach as
well as in Positive Psychology.
10. I led the Top Team at Long & Foster,
Potomac Village in 2010, 2012, 2013
“You can have everything in life you
want, if you will just help enough other
people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
LONG & FOSTER,
10200 River Road
Potomac, MD 20854
from left to right,
Amy Michaels and