BETHESDAMAGAZINE.COM | JULY/AUGUST2015 93
SPECIAL ADVERTISING SECTION WOMEN IN BUSINESS | Profiles
10 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT LISA HARWOOD
1. I specialize in cool branding ideas that
promote an organization's identity, products
2. I grew up in Bethesda and went to the
University of Miami. Always the marketer, I
created the first recruiting brochure for their
3. I can hit a real target. I adore archery.
4. I used to love going to Redskins games
with my dad at RFK Stadium. I kept player
stats, with yards, pass attempts and passes
completed. Our deal was I go to Sunday school
and then get to go to the Redskins game.
5. My biggest challenge is people comparing
me to the Internet. When you buy online, you
don’t get idea development and marketing
expertise, or the level of customer service.
6. All our products are Quality Certification
Alliance safety compliant, which many
online brands are not.
7. I volunteer for the Jewish Foundation for
Group Homes, the Chris 4 Life Colon Cancer
Foundation, CPPA and Athletic Advisory
Council of George Washington University.
8. I love the creativity of branded products
with a purpose – taking a message, a brand
and a goal, and creating a program to
9. If I wasn’t doing this, I’d be a sports reporter.
10. One of my 2015 self-promotion campaigns was chosen “Best of the Best”
in creativity and results, winning a Promotional Products Association Pyramid Award.
Lisa is a Branding
Specialist with Geiger,
and recently won
the coveted Pyramid
Award – equivalent
to an Oscar in
– for outstanding
creativity and results.
9216 Potomac School Drive
Potomac, MD 20854